Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Everyday Life/Forever in Him

Priorities. Time. Words. Life.
What in the world am I doing?
Sometimes I seriously don't know!

Why can't I be the mother who loves to sit and play? Why don't I appreciate the little, dirty helping hands in my kitchen? Why does the question "Why?" annoy the crap outta me when I hear it 50 times a day?

My babies are sleeping right now. There truly is not a more perfect scene than a life that you would give your life for, sleeping so peacefully and purely. So often at the end of the day, after prayers, little chats, stories and rocking, I wonder what I have done for them that day that has prepared them for Him kingdom. And I know that "His Kingdom" is the point. So I wonder why its so hard to remember that during the day.

God, show me Your patience. Let me find Your hand during the moments where I need something to grab onto. Thank you that You are their Father, so that when I fail, You are standing. Tomorrow is a new day, and help me to see the same blessings in the "not so perfect mothering moments" that I see when I am loving on them. They are my children, and I love them more with each breath. Thank you for them Jesus!
Amen

1 comment:

  1. You summed it up!! Why can't we remember what we need to remember when we need to remember it?! Good timing with this post - as I was reading it, the boys asked if they could paint and my first instinct was to say no. God has a lot of work left to do in my life... :) Blessings on you as you seek Him!

    ReplyDelete