Monday, February 6, 2012


So I've had a few people on my case to blog again. Here it goes!

A lot has changed and a lot has not. I am still the mother of my children, I still am not the most patient person, although I would like to think its getting better. The reason for my new leaf is our newest addition, Kalia. And I cannot thank God enough for giving Jake and myself the wonderful gift of being her mommy and daddy!! We were to the point where our family felt... well... complete. A boy and girl that make my everyday. What more could I ask for. If you know me, I ask for a lot more, because I'm humanly selfish, but I was for the most part content and our children were to the point of much Independence. And then the phone rang.
"Hello"
"You have been matched... Merry Christmas!!!"
OH MY WORD!!! REALLY? US? I could go on and on and on...

To make a very long, in depth story short, we met her on Jan 13/12. We were smitten! Meant to be? I would like to think so. After meeting her only a short time, we couldn't imagine our lives without her. My only regret is not being there for her since birth, although there is not anything we could or can do about it, I wish we could have. She is learning to trust us. Almost daily we can see small things that are changing in her little but very smart mind. It will probably be some time before she is sure that we are not going to leave, but I like to think that it won't take long, and we assure her of this every chance we get. Kobe has done amazing with the transition, she adores him and follows him around. He is so good with her and it blesses Mommy's heart! Ellie has felt her place being taken away, and it pains me to see her hurt, but daily the two of them are becoming closer and sibling rivalry is normal so... haha. Ellie is my helper, and she would love to do everything for Kalia also. Kalia is an independent 2 year old with a mind of her own. Clash!! It'll come. There is so much more where this came from but I think my baby is gonna be awake any moment. I will share more in the future!

1 comment:

  1. So excited ... so thrilled ... so happy for you. Hope you are attaching well. Kim

    ReplyDelete